The temperature of your hot tub makes it the perfect place for bacteria. While the water in your tub may look perfectly clean, biofilm can be lurking in your pipes. We recommend that you use a deep cleaner, like Ahh-Some plumbing and jet cleaner each time you empty the water in your spa. Ahh-Some breaks up biofilm so you can rinse it away, leaving you with a cleaner hot tub and cleaner water.
One pot of Ahh-Some is sufficient to deep-clean a 3800-litre spa. Depending on the size of your spa, a single pot may be sufficient for up to 4 deep cleans.
Ahh-Some perfectly replaces the Spa System Flush, which is no longer available for sale.
- Test the water to ensure that it contains free chlorine or bromine
- Remove the filters and put them in a bucket of clean water. Add a filter cleaner if necessary
- Before adding the Ahh-Some gel into your water, make sure the temperature is fixed around 38°C during all the process. This will increase the efficiency of the Ahh-some gel
- Add Ahh-Some gel directly to the water. Use 6 g (about 1 teaspoon) for every 400 litres of water
- Turn the pumps and blower on high and let run for about an hour
- Switch off the spa
- Remove the filters from the water and rinse them thoroughly
- Drain the tub, rinsing the residue off the sides of the spa as the water level goes down
- Refill the tub, testing the water and adding sanitiser as normal
57 g (cleans a 3800-litre hot tub)